This is the fancy version of an everyday, go-to salad I make all the time. By adding carrots, using sesame oil and rice vinegar, it added the Korean flair I needed to pair with Spicy Korean Pork. Experiment with the recipe to suit your tastes.
0 hours, 15 minutes
0 hours, 0 minutes
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and half it. Then slice the cucumber into super thin rounds, using a mandoline or food processor if you’d like. Slice onion into a similar thickness. Place both in a large serving bowl.
- Peel carrots. Using your standard peeler (or the peeler side of your box grater), press hard to create thin slices of carrot. Cut those slices in half if they get to long. Add to bowl with cucumber.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately, or for best results, allow the salad to sit at room temperature or chilled for 30-60 minutes before serving.