Basic is right. This recipe only has five ingredients, but it’s simply delicious. I’ve had nice results with freezing the sauce, too.
0 hours, 10 minutes
0 hours, 20 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, with juices
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Add tomato paste, stir to incorporate, and cook until raw flavor is gone, about 4 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and oregano and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool before using to top pizza.