- 1 three-ounce package pancetta (Italian bacon), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 large red (or green, if necessary) jalapeño chiles, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 large fennel bulbs, stalks trimmed, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound spaghetti (We used whole wheat spaghetti)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated Pecorino Romano or Pecorino Toscano cheese, divided
This is one of my favorite ways to make healthy burgers. This is a bit different than what you are used to making. For these burgers, we are not going to be using a normal grill. We are going to be using a healthy oil free fryer or “air fryer”. Air fryers work by cooking or frying your food with hot air. The hot air is circulated around the food, cooking it thoroughly all around. I can see a lot of you right now reading this and probably rolling your eyes but trust me, it’s amazing and actually good for you (depending on how lean your beef is). You can make this in pretty much any air fryer with a large basket.
Here’s how it’s done:
Always start off with washing your hands!
-2 pounds high-quality beef (I prefer 70 percent lean as it is the juiciest IMO)
-1/2 pound ground lamb
-your favorite burger seasoning (I love Emeril’s Burger Seasoning)
-Sliced pepper jack cheese
-2 tsp basil
- Add your ground beef and ground lamb into a large bowl.
- Dice your onions and toss those in as well.
- Add your burger seasoning.
- Add in the ground basil.
- Mix everything together nicely until everything is evenly spread out.
- Form your lamb/burger meat into 4-5 patties
- Cook in your Air Fryer at around 390 degrees for 20 minutes
- Take them out and check them after 10 minutes. In most cases they will need further cooking. Cook them for another 10-15
- Cook them for another 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
That’s it! Take them out and add on the fixings and serve. Such an easy and healthy dinner. The lamb adds a wonderful and juicy flavor to the beef.